Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm Back!

I can't believe it's been over a month (a month!) since I posted last. Things have been absolutely crazy but I want you to know that I am BACK and I will be posting more frequently.

I promise :)

I want you all to know that I have stuck to my new year's plan of more writing (I've been writing for myself, a potential book) and have started painting. I'm starting out small with an 11X14 canvas, so we'll see how it turns out. I am just so excited to be doing something creative once again.

This post will be a all over the place but I want to share some of my cooking with you as well. On the easy side, I tried out Poppy Seed Chick from Kelly's blog. It was SO good. Just go to her site and search for it! I made it after painting my living room hallway, AND going to yoga so I was pretty tired but still was able to cook a delicious dinner. And, FYI I can't stand poppy seeds usually but this was A.mazing.

Tonight, Adam and I are cooking Parmesan Tilapia. I love seafood! After moving from Vermont to Arizona I was pretty upset to discover that the seafood selection in the desert is pretty scarce. Go figure. BUT we have found a pretty decent selection of fresh seafood at a local market that has really good tilapia. I'll be making it with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. MMMM Wonderful. I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

We finally finished the painting in the kitchen! I say finally because we had been working on it off and on since last summer. So, 6 months and two paint color changes later (long story people) it's finally done! And let me tell you, I LOVE cooking in my newly decorated kitchen! I'm having a hard time posting photos IN my entry so I will post it a little later...does anyone know how to post a picture in the middle of your text? It keeps placing the photo at the very top of my entry and I want it down here. I'm such a newbie. :)






No comments: