Saturday, March 14, 2009

Weekend Randomness



I have a shameful interest in all things celebrity. I'll admit I was all over perezhilton.com when Britney was in her rock bottom state. If you have no idea what I am talking about then bless you. You have a more interesting life than me. I watched every episode of the Bachelor and cheered Melissa on when she called him a bas*ard. Seriously, was he NOT the most emotional man you've ever seen?


With the exception of my ex who cried when I told him I needed room to breathe. You would have thought I had just told him they discontinued Girl Scout Samoas.


I was also all over the gossip sites when Jessica Simpson wore those pants that should be removed from every supplier and burned to a crisp. Again, if you have no idea what I am talking about, bless you. You have a more interesting life than me. But for visual aid these are the jeans I am talking about:












Now I think it's completely ridiculous that the media called her fat. She's obviously not fat, she just fell victim to some bad denim. Or maybe a few Samoas. It happens to the best of us. And those pockets aren't doing anything for her.




She opened up for Rascall Flatts here in Phoenix last week. I thought she looked pretty small:




I'm rocking the sweet photography skills as usual. Is that a fingerprint on the right side? Anyway, all this to say if the media calls THAT fat, what would they say about me? I'd be on People magazine each week looking bloated and dense. Reaching maximum density would be the cover headline. Jessica, can I borrow those jeans?


We have been trying to eat more and home and less at restaurants so I've been experimenting a lot with some new recipes lately. Last week, I made Broiled Tilapia Parmesan. It was awesome and has become a fast favorite here at my house.


Recipe:


1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets



Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer - Bottom side of the fish facing up - on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over - right side up- and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.


I paired it with garlic mashed potatoes because I'm on the Ineedcelluite diet. A nice salad and maybe some green beans would be a healthier alternative. We are allergic to salad in my house.


For your viewing pleasure:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



No comments: