Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Saving Money by Bargain Shopping

While reading some of my favorite blogs, I noticed that Kelly updated about dressing cute for less, and finding clothing bargains during a recession. I thought this was a good idea and decided to share some of my own ideas here. First of all, I rarely pay full price for my clothes. Occasionally I will splurge on some expensive jeans (think 7 For All Mankind brand, or True Religion brand) but when I last bought them from Macy's, I waited for a store wide sale and brought along a 20% off coupon I had which saved me A LOT. And these jeans last me for YEARS so I find it worth the money. But that's just me. For those that enjoy even more affordable deals, I have found some really good jeans at Old Navy and Target. Again, I always wait for sales/coupons. A few times a month I will go to some of my favorite clothing sites and look at the clearance pages to see if anything has popped up - on clearance! - that I'd really love to add to the wardrobe. For Macy's I will go to http://www.macys.com/ and click on "sale" and then click on "clearance". I recently found a really cute top that looks great with black pants on sale for $16! It was originally $50!

Old Navy has a clearance section on their website too. If you go to http://www.oldnavy.com/ and click on Women and then scroll down on the left you will see "Clearance".

I saw a long sleeved shirt there after Christmas and bought it on sale (It was normally $15, I got it right after the holidays for $10). I love long sleeved shirts like this (Link here) to wear under my scrub tops at work. You can also wear it to run errands on the weekend with a pair of jeans and it even extends into spring with a pair of shorts. So, I went to the oldnavy website and just now found it - the same shirt! - for $2.99!!!!!!!

Now THAT's a bargain!!!!


I really love the clothes at http://www.victoriassecret.com/ but I refuse to pay full price there. The stuff ALWAYS goes on sale and it's easy to find sale items in your size. I had my eye on this top a couple months ago but didn't want to spend $48 on it. I'm so glad I waited because it's on sale for $20!




The right accessories can make ANY outfit more polished looking. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry but still want to look good, I'll pair a simple fitted T from Target (less than $10) with jeans and a scarf. Add some kickin' little boots and you got yourself easy style!
Charlotte Russe has a lot of fashion jewelry for really low prices! And they are ALWAYS offering sales! Forever 21 also has a lot of fashion jewelry for low prices too. The store is really similar to Charlotte, and you can ALWAYS find cute this for reasonable prices.
I have a love for Ugg boots (I know some people think they are ugly) because they are SO comfortable and basically go with any casual outfit during the winter. However, I don't love the Ugg price so after some searching I found a knock off brand at www.zappos.com for half the price of real Uggs. And the cheaper brand are JUST AS COMFY! The brand is Bear Paw.
I'd love to hear other suggestions! Let me know your ideas!
Happy Shopping, and Happy Bargain Hunting!






No comments: