Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year

Happy 2009 to all! (I think I have something like 2 readers now...maybe even 3. Thank you for keeping me company!) I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year and a wonderful Christmas! I certainly did!

I've been thinking about everything that has changed in the last year...At this time in January of 2008 I was newly engaged, building a house, packing to move in February of 2008 and thinking about where I wanted to be married. One single year seems so long and at the same time, so short. Does it for you, too?

As I enter 2009 as a newlywed :) I hope to finish up decorating our house, travel a LOT this year, work on my photography album, scrapbook, paint and hopefully sell on yessy.com, work-out and become healthier, maybe get another dog, and do a lot more writing.

I was falling asleep the other night after Christmas thinking about what the future holds. My mind started running wild - it usually does when I'm falling asleep - and the most unusual idea for a story came to mind. I won't share my idea here, just yet, but I will tell you that I confided in two people very close to me and they both think it's a wonderful idea for a book. I explained the entire concept and the ending to my story and was met with complete shock at my creativity. To be perfectly honest, I have always wanted to try my hand at writing a really good story and it's a fantasy of mine to have a book published. In the past, my insecurities have had a tight grip on my confidance and I haven't written what I'd like to.

Adam and I went to see a movie this week and one line really grabbed my attention. I thought about it the entire drive home.

"Our lives are defined by opportunities...even the ones we miss."

Isn't that true for all of us? How many opportunities have defined your path and have determinied what and who you would become? How many opportunities did you miss that you wish you could have another chance at? I have a few regrets of lost opportunites.

I want this year to be different. I am planning on trying lots of new things this year and want to make this year one of personal growth, discovery, experience, and hope!

What are your hopes and dreams for 2009?

Happy New Year! It's going to be a great one!

No comments: